Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NOM NOMS: Hormel Always Tender Peppercorn Flavored Pork Tenderloin


click on the photo for more information

When I get home from work, I usually don't want to cook myself a huge dinner. For one thing, I don't have the energy. For another, I usually make too much food. I found that if I just cook myself a protein, or a side, then I'll eat that instead of eating an entire meal.

Tonight, I was rummaging around in my freezer, looking for something to eat, when I spotted this tasty morsel. I had picked it up a few weeks ago, when I first moved into my apartment, and it had sat unmolested in my freezer ever since. I took it out, defrosted it while the oven got hot, then threw it in there for 30 minutes.

The first thing that hit me was the smell. God, it made my whole apartment smell good. And even though I thought I cooked it too long (when dealing with pork, I tend to overcook rather than undercook. Blame that on a unfortunate childhood cooking incident involving raw sausage), it was still moist and delicious.

Without even noticing it, I ate almost half of it. Now, I've got something to make tacos for lunch tomorrow, and I can feel the first waves of my food coma coming to envelop me.

If you want to make something that is easy, delicious, and fast, I can't think of anything better. They have a couple of different flavors, which are all delicious.

No comments: