Monday, December 8, 2008

JOINTS: Fat Daddy's Burger House




Since I moved into my new apartment, I've driven by Fat Daddy's Burger House probably 100 times, and yet I've never stopped in. I was either not in the mood or it didn't look appealing. That all changed tonight when I had a decision to make....do I want to go to the store and spend a bunch of money to make myself some hamburger sliders, OR do I want to just go get a hamburger at this place that I keep seeing? After doing the math, I decided to try out Fat Daddy's.

I had read some positive reviews about the place, so I called in my order for pick up. The girl on the other end of the phone seemed distracted (and she was, evidently there was a lady covered in gasoline standing in front of her when I called, she told me later) but she got my order. I figured I'd get a normal burger, fries, and some guacamole and queso, which the review said was good. I picked up my burger, loaded up an extra box with some pico de gallo and jalapenos, and headed home.

First off, the smell of the burger was salive-inducing. My jeep smelled heavenly as I drove the few blocks home. I wasn't too impressed with the sweet tea, it tasted more like sweet brown water. When I got home, I took a bite from the burger (1/2 lbs, with pepperjack cheese). This was a damn good burger. The patty was slightly smaller than the bun, and you couldn't really taste the cheese, but the addition of the guacamole, pico and jalapenos made this one of the better burger I've had in awhile.

The queso was pretty damn good too, almost as good as mine (ALMOST), and so I dribbled a bit on the burger...yep, pretty much AWESOME. I ate the burger way too fast, and then proceeded to dip my fries (which were stellar by themself) into the queso until there was nothing left.

I'm now t-minus 30 minutes from slipping into a food coma, but I definitely give Fat Daddy's Burger House two chubby thumbs up. And one extended belly.

No comments: